Features of EFT Managed File Transfer
Meet Your Business Needs with EFT
Our managed file transfer (MFT) platform, Enhanced File Transfer (EFT), is a powerful, flexible tool that helps you meet your unique business needs. Discover top features of EFT.
Save time and money when you automate processes with EFT and improve your business's file transfer efficiency.
- EFT Automation. Deliver data without manual intervention. Your administrators can easily automate everyday data movement: use rules to trigger file transfers, easily monitor both folders and your cloud storage systems, and set timed actions to make your business processes more efficient than ever before.
- Advanced Workflow Engine (AWE). Streamline data movements without worrying about legacy systems and applications with EFT’s AWE. Respond to potential issues proactively when you use AWE to create sophisticated workflows that maneuver through complex processes.
- Remote Agent Module (RAM). Automate transactions from distributed systems and gain centralized control. Connect your branch offices, point-of-sales terminals, and any other remote systems to your EFT server at corporate.
- High Availability (HA). Ensure consistent and reliable availability when you use EFT Enterprise’s HA solution. Active-active deployment provides HA and load balancing for continual network availability.
Get the EFT tools you need, as you need them. Globalscape’s Accelerated Development program helps our customers (you!) and our architects work together to build the features and functionality you need, improve user-experience elements, and overall enhance how you and other customers use Globalscape. Learn more about how Accelerated Development works, and what you can expect.
Use multi-layered security to protect your essential business processes.
- OpenPGP Module. Encrypt, decrypt, verify, safeguard files at rest, and sign file transfers with EFT’s OpenPGP module. Public-key and symmetric cryptography provide secure data exchanges for your communications and storage.
- Express Security and Advanced Security. Achieve or exceed even the most rigorous security standards with authentication, continuous monitoring, and data loss prevention. Actively monitor your security and enable alerts on both low-security options and non-compliance.
- DMZ Gateway. Liaise through your Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and avoid giving external users access to your internal networks. Keep your data safe despite any storage, retrieval, or authentication.
- Content Integrity Control (CIC). CIC helps you both maintain confidentiality and keep your network clear of files containing malware. Integrate with antivirus software and DLP tools to gate file transfers.
- Two-Factor Authentication. Select and use a two-factor authentication method with EFT to add a layer of protection to your file transfers.
- Threat Mitigation. Advanced Personal Threat (APT) attacks continue to serve as a significant concern for organizations, with many existing and malicious variations. To help mitigate these attacks, EFT’s denial of service (DoS) and Flood prevention controls have been augmented to cover attacks targeting the HTTP protocol, with unauthenticated probing resulting in temporary to permanent IP banning.
Whether you are sending one file or many, a secure file sharing solution like Globalscape EFT uses encryption and restricted authorization to help ensure data security and privacy.
give your trading partners more control over their file transfer monitoring and reduce reliance on your admin and support staff for file status updates with BAM (Business Activity Monitoring) for EFT. Meet SLAs (Service Level Agreements), get real-time visibility into data flow, and give technical and business users alike more insight into transfer status.
Inspect incoming and outgoing files when you connect EFT with Secure ICAP Gateway.
- Redact sensitive data before it is sent to unauthorized users without impacting workflows.
- No more blocked file transfers and user complaints: files are modified and sent on their way, so your users are happy and your data is safe.
- Antivirus features ensure malware doesn’t make it into your system, and your internal users receive decontaminated files.
Organizations can use a self-managed cloud deployment of EFT to minimize software costs, number of data servers, and other resources while enjoying benefits of the cloud like scalability and flexibility. Leverage AWS or Azure for an agile EFT experience.
Gain visibility and insight into your file transfer with analytics.
- Auditing and Reporting Module (ARM). ARM captures and tracks all transactions that occur within EFT and gives you the ability to queue and audit the data.
- Business Activity Monitoring (BAM). Give both stakeholders and technical staff access to real-time file transfer data without depending on admin or support staff for file activity information.
Easily share information and resources, no matter your operating system. EFT can communicate via common, industry-standard protocols including secure FTP, FTPS, HTTPS, and AS2.
- SFTP Module. Transfer and authenticate data with secure FTP clients, including CuteFTP. EFT Enterprise includes SFTP connectivity, and you can use the SFTP Module to enable SFTP in EFT Express.
- HTTP/HTTPS Module. Set up a secure connection via web browser in minutes. When enabled in EFT, you can support HTTP and HTTPS protocols in browser-based transfers.
- AS2 Protocol Module. Send, receive, track, and monitor Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) messages with Globalscape’s AS2 module for EFT.