EFT High Availability (HA) Deployment
Sophisticated HA capabilities help reduce downtime and increase performance of your file transfer infrastructure
Globalscape EFT’s High Availability (HA) solution ensures seamless availability of critical applications and file transfer systems for employees, customers, and business partners.
Globalscape EFT with HA is easily installed, configured, and managed. It also empowers businesses to:
• Maintain availability through any planned or unplanned outage
• Increase stability and flexibility using multiple nodes for load balancing
• Enhance throughput and better meet important SLAs
• Support large file transfer and event processing workloads
• Synchronize nodes with message queuing
• Automate workflows and event processing
• Improve scalability by sharing common configurations across nodes, eliminating the need for multiple servers with different configurations
• Manage HA cluster through a single admin instance, with no limit on node additions
Globalscape EFT uses active-active deployment to provide HA and load balancing for non-stop network availability. This helps keep your critical business processes flowing and helps ensure your business’s ability to meet important SLAs. Unlike active-passive failover clusters, all of the nodes in Globalscape EFT's active-active deployment are put to work in production—with no standby hardware and no clustering software.
Interoperable with Common Load Balancers
Globalscape’s High Availability solution is compatible with most major load balancers. It also allows you to control spikes in network traffic, minimize scalability limitations, and maximize the efficiency of large and complex environments.
In addition, Globalscape is a member of the F5® Technology Alliance Program. This provides proven interoperability between F5 BIG IP ® Local Traffic Manager™ (BIG-IP LTM®) and Globalscape EFT with HA. Your enterprise data stays secure at rest and in transit, without interruption.
High Availability Support in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
You can ensure the availability of your managed file transfer infrastructure in AWS with Globalscape EFT. EFT is able to provide intra- and inter-region high availability deployed across multiple Availability Zones (AZs), thus providing more protection against failures in a single AZ. EFT supports AWS auto scaling, which scales up to accommodate peak traffic and down again once that traffic has passed.