Keep your proprietary data safe behind the firewall
Our multi-platform, multi-layered security solution is simply a liaison through the “Demilitarized Zone” to your internal network. DMZ Gateway does not store or process data—ever. Your proprietary data always remains safe behind the firewall for EFT to store and process.
Security and Efficiency Are Combined in DMZ Gateway
DMZ Gateway® is a multi-platform solution that works in conjunction with EFT to create a multi-layered DMZ security solution for data storage and retrieval, authentication, and firewall traversal. Using a two-way connection originating inside EFT, the DMZ Gateway acts as a communication proxy that replaces inherently insecure inbound connections from the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) to your network.
Unlike store-and-forward technologies, our DMZ Gateway does not store or process data. It acts as a liaison between external connections and your internal network, ensuring that your data remains safe behind the firewall for EFT to store and process. Your data remains secure because it’s never stored in the DMZ. With DMZ Gateway, you no longer have to choose between security and efficiency.
Security and Efficiency Benefits
- Facilitates compliance with mandates such as PCI DSS requirement §1.3.7 that forbid storage of sensitive data in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Eliminates the need for file encryption, store-and-forward systems, or polling for changes to secure data in the DMZ.
- Eliminates the need for a file transfer system in the DMZ or for exposing any part of your network to the DMZ, such as AD services for user authentication or SQL services for auditing.
- A single outbound connection greatly reduces overhead compared to traditional proxy and firewall configuration.
- Saves time and reduce points of failure over traditional store-and-forward or polling for changes. Data is made available to back-end systems in real time.
- DMZ Gateway can map and route connections to all other EFT sites on the network, reducing your total cost of ownership and simplifying network maintenance.
Why DMZ Gateway®?
- No data is ever stored in the DMZ–data streams to the back-end EFT
- Virtual authentication—DMZ Gateway acts as a proxy for authentication
- Supports all protocols allowed by EFT (FTP/S, SFTP, HTTP/S, FAST, and AS2)
- Transparent to your partners–EFT’s services are virtualized in the DMZ
- No storage, synchronization, or replication of user database needed in the DMZ
- Allows for remote administration of EFT
- Support for Linux, Solaris, and Windows operating systems