The Role MFT Plays in GDPR Compliance
GDPR was created with the goal of protecting data privacy rights of residents within the EU. If you are managing the personal data of EU residents, it's essential to understand the threat landscape and where your IT infrastructure has weaknesses.
A managed file transfer (MFT) solution simplifies and enhances a data management strategy. MFT is one piece of your IT infrastructure. The MFT areas subject to privacy scope are the following:
- Files: incoming, outgoing, at-rest, passthrough, and where they originated from
- Messages: file attachments (secure links) and message metadata (subject, body, recipient list)
- Trading Partners: Account details (email, contact info, other Personal Data/Personal Identifiable Information), Consent, and Exercise of Rights
MFT helps an organization meet both business and compliance requirements through the secure and reliable exchange of data. With MFT as the data management solution, an organization can maintain full operational visibility of control over all data activity and access. An MFT solution can streamline the process of compliance through a secure system of policies, procedures, and technologies.
If you are evaluating enterprise data management solutions to help you facilitate GDPR compliance, consider the following MFT-supported features:
- Centralized Control & Visibility
- Custom Compliance Profiles & Reporting
- Data Encryption
- Automated Data Workflow and Processes
While no managed file transfer solution can "make" your organization compliant with the GDPR, the right MFT solution can streamline the process of GDPR compliance through a secure system of policies, procedures, and technologies.
Globalscape's EFT 2020 is the most robust MFT solution on the market with unparallel GDPR features to help facilitate compliance. We make global compliance easy for enterprises. We are also the first MFT provider to deliver a GDPR compliance package that supports your corporate compliance initiatives.
For help on facilitating compliance readiness at your organization, call us today at 1-800-290-5054 or contact us here.