GlobalSCAPE Launches Web Content Management System Designed for Small to Medium-Sized Businesses
PureCMS(tm) offers simple, affordable way for any user to update and manage better Web sites in less time.
SAN ANTONIO -- The growing importance of Web-driven operations requires small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to update their Web sites rapidly, while controlling maintenance costs. Responding to that need, GlobalSCAPE (OTCBB:GSCP - News), the maker of the popular file transfer application, CuteFTP, today announced the launch of its new Web content management system, PureCMS(tm), offering a simple, affordable way for users of all skill levels to update their organization's Web site.
"With PureCMS, we've accomplished the goal of providing a solution that empowers various disciplines within an organization to contribute to the creation and management of Web site content in an easy, secure and cost effective way," says GlobalSCAPE president and COO Sandra Poole-Christal. "PureCMS allows non-technical professionals to change, approve and control Web site content, while ensuring that Web site administrators can protect, define and manage the Web site operation. IT, marketing, human resources and other team members can now work together and leverage their individual strengths to manage the information that drives their organization's Web site and business."
PureCMS is Web-based and Windows-like, so it's familiar. Users access it from a browser, it runs on a server with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and it can publish to any Web server. Non-technical users simply browse to a copy of their organization's Web site on the PureCMS staging server, click the page they want to edit, login and make textual or graphic changes on screen. They can even copy and paste content into the Web page from Windows applications such as Microsoft Word. Once proposed changes are saved, that individual's team leader is notified of pending activity via e-mail. They are able to visually compare proposed changes to the previous version, approve, and publish, or schedule for publishing, literally in seconds.
"Effective Web content management is a must-have capability," says Pete Hayes, Vice President Strategic Services, SicolaMartin, Inc. "Our primary desire is to spread managing of our client extranets across teams, ultimately eliminating much of the time-intensive work faced by our IT personnel. At the same time, we have to have control, security and a system that allows us to track, approve, report and record what changes are taking place on an ongoing basis. We've found that in PureCMS."
- Out-of-the-box installation that can be fully operational in a single day, without the cumbersome need to first destruct -- and reconstruct -- an existing Web site
- Location independent, browser-based access with availability on Windows 2000/XP servers and an OS independent production module, enabling publication to Windows, Macintosh, Solaris, Linux, or IBM AIX, HP-UX and other Unix platforms
- Direct WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing with content check-in and check-out, version control and permission-based access control via workgroup-level administration of roles and responsibilities
- Editorial workflow, including e-mail notification of pending activity
- Visual comparison of proposed changes to previous version for rapid decision making ability
- Templates for creating new Web pages and support for common development tools such as Microsoft Front Page or Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Web-based system takes advantage of 128-bit browser security for secure remote collaboration
- Performance statistics and reports, alleviating the need to buy a separate Web site analysis package or service
"Web content management remains a high priority for all organizations because of the need to improve content-focused business processes -- including attracting and retaining customers," said Michael Maziarka, Director at leading business communications technology analyst firm CAP Ventures. "However, SMBs typically have faced a choice of being overwhelmed by many enterprise-class solutions or underserved by basic Web technologies. Now, targeted products such as GlobalSCAPE PureCMS provide a solution that is easy to use and administer, scaled to meet the specific needs of small to medium-sized businesses."
Pricing and Availability
PureCMS is available immediately from GlobalSCAPE based on a tiered, per-user license basis. Pricing begins at $350 per user and is available for 3, 10, 20 and unlimited users. For more information visit the GlobalSCAPE Web site at www.globalscape.com/.
GlobalSCAPE, Inc. (OTCBB:GSCP - News), founded in 1996, is focused on the development, marketing and support of leading content and file management applications. GlobalSCAPE's products and services enable individuals and organizations to easily create, move and manage Web and file-based information securely. The company's award-winning programs are feature rich, designed with power and functionality in mind, yet easy-to-use to support power users and novices alike. GlobalSCAPE ensures a positive online buying experience and unparalleled customer support. For more information, please visit www.globalscape.com.