GlobalSCAPE Releases CuteZIP 1.0, the Next-Generation ZIP Utility, Combining Music and File Compress
CuteZIP is the First File Compression Utility Combining ZIP, MP3 and Microsoft's Windows® Media Audio Formats
SAN ANTONIO - GlobalSCAPE, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of American TeleSource International, Inc. "ATSI" (AMEX: AI), and the developers of CuteFTP®, today unveiled CuteZIP 1.0, the world's first all-in-one file compression program. CuteZIP combines MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) encoding with extensive file compression formats including ZIP, CAB and TAR/GZ. Users can now compress all file types, including music, and create self-extracting executable files without juggling multiple applications.
GlobalSCAPE President, Sandra Poole-Christal, stated, "The Internet music enthusiast community is growing at a rapid pace, and we are committed to developing high quality applications that meet those users' needs. The beta version of CuteZIP has been extremely well received by our user-base."
CuteZIP 1.0 Features
- MP3 Audio File Compression. MP3 is the most widely used digital music format on the Internet. It compresses audio files to one-eleventh their original size while retaining near-CD-quality sound.
- Windows Media Audio (WMA). CuteZIP integrates the ability to compress audio files to the new highly efficient WMA format. The Microsoft WMA compression algorithm creates audio files that need much less disk space for storage than other audio compression formats. The WMA format also supports Digital Rights Management (DRM). DRM allows consumers to secure music they encode by adding "watermarks." Music encoded with the DRM watermarks will play only on the computer on which they were created.
- Windows Media Rights Manager. This enables copyright owners to prevent unauthorized duplication of the music they make available for download. It is the first compression software to allow recording in the new Windows Media Technologies 4.0 format.
- Support for CDDB's (www.cddb.com) unique Disc Recognition Service (DRS). CuteZIP automatically downloads all song names, album and artist information and places the information into the music file's ID3 tag.
- Strong Encryption for Compressed Files. CuteZIP incorporates the powerful Twofish Encryption Algorithm and standard ZIP encryption. CuteZIP users can be certain their files are safe and secure.
- Extensive Archive Type Support. CuteZIP supports ZIP, CAB (LZX:15-21 and MSZIP), ACE, RAR, PK3, PAK, TAR, GZIP and ARJ architectures, giving consumers compatibility with virtually any compressed file.
- Incredibly Easy-to-Use Interface. CuteZIP simplifies compressing files or encoding music with its double-windowpane interface. Users simply "drag-and-drop" files from the left window to the right window.
CuteZIP 1.0 Pricing and Availability
A fully functional trial version of CuteZIP 1.0 is available for download immediately at https://www.globalscape.com/replacement-software. CuteZIP 1.0 is available directly from GlobalSCAPE with a list price of $19.95. Site license pricing is available for quantities of five or more. For product and sales information contact GlobalSCAPE at www.globalscape.com or via telephone (210) 308-8267, fax (210) 308-8297 or e-mail at [email protected]
GlobalSCAPE Inc., (www.globalscape.com), founded in 1996, is a leader in the development, marketing, distribution and support of award winning Internet-based software in a broad array of categories including file management, multimedia utilities and Web site development tools. GlobalSCAPE's products include CuteFTP, a leading file transfer client and one of the most frequently downloaded programs on the Internet; CuteMX, a revolutionary file exchange utility that networks consumers computers together; CuteZIP, the only file compression utility supporting MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) encoding; CuteHTML, one of the fastest growing HTML editors on the Web; and CuteMAP, an easy way to create "clickable" images on Web pages. Headquartered in San Antonio, GlobalSCAPE is able to provide millions of users with complementary content and a variety of online services designed to enhance their use of its award-winning products.
About American TeleSource
GlobalSCAPE's parent company, American TeleSource International, Inc., is an emerging international telecommunications carrier serving certain niche markets in and between Latin America and the U.S., primarily Mexico. ATSI's borderless strategy includes the deployment of a "next generation" ATM network for more efficient and cost effective service offerings of voice and data.