GlobalSCAPE Announces CuteFTP® 4.0
Version 4.0 Includes Secured FTP Site Data, Extensive Firewall Support, Auto-Update, Enhanced Interface
SAN ANTONIO - GlobalSCAPE, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of American TeleSource International, Inc. ("ATSI") (AMEX: AI), today announced the release of CuteFTP 4.0, the latest version of its award-winning File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software. FTP is a long-valued tool for administrators and power users, and CuteFTP combines command-line FTP functionality with a familiar Windows® interface. CuteFTP enables users to transfer files between corporate offices, upload Web pages to Internet servers and download digital music, software and graphic files.
GlobalSCAPE's President, Sandra Poole-Christal, said, "The need to transfer files over the Internet has become essential among Internet users. CuteFTP 4.0's powerful new features and intuitive interface clear the way for it to become a mainstream Internet utility next to Web browsers and e-mail clients. In fact, CuteFTP is so popular among Internet users that approximately one million copies are downloaded from our internal servers each month."
New Features in CuteFTP 4.0
- Redesigned menu bar, shortcuts, dialogs and new settings configuration make CuteFTP 4.0 even easier to use.
- Quick Connect URL bar allows users to directly enter FTP URLs, usernames and passwords.
- Encrypted Site Manager data keeps others from accessing FTP site usernames and passwords.
- Login Dependent Site Manager (NT/2000) prevents users who log into a system from accessing the Site Manager.
- Bookmarks allow quick access to frequently used directories from the Site Manager.
- Support for SOCKS 4 and 5 and the ability to generate custom firewall dialogs give CuteFTP 100% compatibility.
- Smart Keep Alive "stealth" pings FTP servers to keep users connected. Its options include: time intervals, command lists, auto-reconnecting and obtaining a new IP address.
- Auto-update: CuteFTP now determines when an update is available and downloads/installs it automatically.
CuteFTP 4.0 Pricing and Availability
CuteFTP 4.0 is available immediately at https://www.globalscape.com/replacement-software with a list price of $39.95 (site license pricing available for quantities of five or more). Upgrades from CuteFTP versions 1 and 2 will be available directly from GlobalSCAPE's Web site for $9.95. Users of CuteFTP version 3 are eligible for a free upgrade and will be notified automatically. Beginning April 2000, CuteFTP 4.0 will also be available in French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, addressing the local-language needs of users throughout Europe and South America.
GlobalSCAPE sells CuteFTP 4.0 through distributors and resellers across the globe. In the United States, Tech Data distributes GlobalSCAPE products for sale by a network of resellers, including CompUSA. Internationally, GlobalSCAPE has distributors in Europe, Asia, South America and Australia.
GlobalSCAPE Inc., (www.globalscape.com), founded in 1996, is a leader in the development, marketing, distribution and support of award winning Internet-based software in a broad array of categories including file management, multimedia utilities and Web site development tools. GlobalSCAPE's products include CuteFTP, a leading file transfer client and one of the most frequently downloaded programs on the Internet; CuteMX, a revolutionary file exchange utility that networks consumers computers together; CuteZIP, the only file compression utility supporting MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) encoding; CuteHTML, one of the fastest growing HTML editors on the Web; and CuteMAP, an easy way to create "clickable" images on Web pages. Headquartered in San Antonio, GlobalSCAPE is able to provide millions of users with complementary content and a variety of online services designed to enhance their use of its award-winning products.
About American TeleSource
GlobalSCAPE's parent company, American TeleSource International, Inc., is an emerging international telecommunications carrier serving certain niche markets in and between Latin America and the U.S., primarily Mexico. ATSI's borderless strategy includes the deployment of a "next generation" ATM network for more efficient and cost effective service offerings of voice and data.