Don’t Move to the Cloud if You Haven’t Considered These Three Things
35 percent of enterprises will consolidate their data integration and application integration competencies as one team for aligning disciplines and technologies. (Gartner)
It's easy to get carried away by the hype surrounding the cloud, and migration best practices can often be overlooked when decision makers pull the trigger on their modernization projects.
Before pulling the trigger to move to the cloud, it’s important to look at the bigger picture to understand everything from how you use your data to the type of data you’re managing, and of course, your current security profile.
You know you’re not ready to move to the cloud, if you haven’t considered any of the three elements listed below:
1. You haven’t found a dedicated provider that offers support and expertise in cloud data exchange
While many organizations find success when they migrate their assets to a cloud environment on their own, security efforts are rarely very effective without the assistance of an expert service provider. This is because conventional networks demand different security standards than off-premises infrastructure, and specialized solutions are required to adequately defend against invasive entities. Teaming up with a vendor with expertise in cloud file transfer protocol (FTP) is a good first step toward fortifying networks across the enterprise.
2. You don’t have mobile-centric data management policies in place
With more employees relying on personal devices to tap into company networks and access cloud resources, it is critical that decision makers account for mobile policies when developing a security blueprint for their infrastructure. Failing to tailor cloud environments for safe mobile use can result in major vulnerabilities throughout the organization.
3. You haven’t started developing your user training and security policies
Last but not least, the human element must be considered when creating secure cloud infrastructures. End users need to be educated and informed about best practices regarding remote access policies, secure file sharing, and other key procedures if a company is to maintain appropriate security procedures.
Get Ready to Move to the Cloud with Managed File Transfer
Beyond finding a dedicated cloud provider with a background in secure data exchange, having mobile-centric policies in place, or having end user training and security policies, a move to the cloud requires a customized solution to support an efficient and secure transition. A managed file transfer (MFT) solution offers a multi-layered approach and can help you protect your data through its operational visibility and data management capabilities.
Globalscape’s MFT solution, Enhanced File Transfer™ (EFT™) offers a proactive, secure, and seamless way to ensure that your sensitive data is kept safe. With EFT, your organization can manage your data and IT infrastructure transparently, efficiently, and within the parameters of control and accessibility that you require—on-premises and in the cloud.
EFT provides enterprise-level security for collaboration with business partners, customers, and employees, while automating the integration of back-end systems. Built-in regulatory compliance, governance, and visibility controls help keep your data safe, while outstanding performance and scalability help boost operational efficiency and maintain business continuity. Administration is easy, yet granular enough for complete control of your file transfer system.
With EFT, you can:
- Use industry-standard secure protocols to secure file transfers
- Monitor file movement and user activities on your network
- Create a multi-layered security solution for data storage and retrieval, authentication, and firewall traversal with Globalscape DMZ Gateway®
- Use data wiping to thoroughly delete data
- Use malware and Identity Provider IdP tools to prevent malware from entering the network and prevent sensitive data from leaving the network
- Encrypt stored data
- Merge or replace legacy file transfer systems
- Automate workflows and integrate systems
Your Data in the Cloud: 3 Steps to a Seamless Migration
Legacy IT infrastructures often lead to higher costs - from security vulnerabilities, process interruptions, or system unreliability and unavailability. Making a move to the cloud can empower organizations to accomplish much more with less. How can you ensure that this shift goes smoothly?
In this webinar, learn more about:
- 3 signs that it's time to consider moving IT infrastructure to the cloud
- 3 critical steps to a smooth migration
- 3 ways to protect your sensitive data in the cloud