- Globalscape’s Enhanced File Transfer™ (EFT™) High Security module (HSM), with the Auditing and Reporting module (ARM), helps achieve or exceed security practices mandated by the most rigorous standards, including PCI DSS, FIPS 140-2 Validation, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley. This whitepaper discusses how EFT, the HSM, and ARM can help you achieve compliance and stay compliant with the PCI DSS.
- The PCI Security Standards Council issued version 3 of their PCI DSS guidelines for processing electronic payments. Our whitepaper details the newest additions to the guidelines as well as tools and resources to help organizations comply with the standards.
- Businesses count on consistent, dependable access to their mission-critical resources and applications. A gap in this service—even for just a few minutes—can cause losses of data, business opportunities, and revenue. High Availability (HA) clustering for MFT services seeks to optimize accessibility while reducing the chance that information and applications will be affected by unexpected events such as system failures. By investing in a secure and dependable HA solution, organizations can maximize their uptime and access to mission-critical information.
- Downtime happens and often at the worst time possible. Organizations experiencing downtime face direct and indirect costs from the loss of critical systems. This whitepaper discusses a Globalscape survey of 283 IT professionals and end users revealing the frequency of unplanned downtime, the effects on organizations, including average costs, and what IT administrators can do to minimize core system failure.
- Mobile devices have offered organizations unparalleled access to information and a new level of flexibility in doing business. However, with this newfound freedom comes inherent risks and the danger of security breaches. This whitepaper discusses the growth of mobile devices in the workplace, inherent security issues in common file sharing services, and what organizations can do to enforce BYOD security policies without limiting the productivity of its employees.
- The IT landscape has changed significantly in the last five years. Technology has advanced as well as the inherent challenges in securing it. This whitepaper addresses the dangers of using common, but insecure, file sharing methods along with alternative—and secure—options for creating scalable, flexible, and intuitive technology to increase employee productivity.
- To uncover the breadth of this issue, Globalscape asked more 530 U.S. professional employees about their information-sharing habits. Today’s workforce expects instant access to information, and the ability to send and receive data at the press of a button. When corporate technology and tools come up short, employees are forced to find a workaround. Most often, that workaround is a consumer-grade tool with inherent security flaws.
- Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is an easy one: Providing quick, high-quality care wins every single time.
- MFT solutions play a critical role in many businesses. No matter how reliable and robust the solution itself, every MFT deployment is subject to outages or problems due to failures outside the application, such as OS problems, hardware failures, and networking failures.
- The applications for MFT are as varied as the businesses that use the solutions. Because managed file transfer is important to such a wide range of businesses, it stands to reason that there are many ways that businesses might want or need to deploy MFT. MFT solutions are typically delivered as some combination of software and services. This paper looks at some of the different deployment models, and offers guidelines for choosing the right model for your business. This whitepaper includes criteria for evaluating business requirements and the benefits and drawbacks of each deployment option.
- To put it simply, USB drives are a security issue organizations can’t afford to keep for a host of reasons. This whitepaper discusses SCADA networks, their benefits in comparison to traditional local area networks, and how SCADA can be used as a secure alternative to USB drives.
- Email is a critical resource for businesses but email servers can cause problems for administrators due to storage and bandwidth resources and security and compliance issues. This whitepaper discusses the methods in which Mail Express can reduce the burden on IT resources and bolster enterprise security.
- To optimize business productivity and reduce costs when collaborating over distances, IT organizations need to give users high-performance, easy-to-use methods for document collaboration, as if they were working with local colleagues. In addition, to protect business interests, they need to ensure that these solutions support centralized management and backup, prevent versioning or integrity errors, and do not impede network traffic.