"BIM meets WAN" - Autodesk® Revit® Worksharing over a WAN
Facilitating multi-user, multi-site collaboration is often one of the most challenging obstacles for organizations. When you pair Autodesk® Revit® Worksharing capabilities with
users from locations across the world can access and share files over a WAN at LAN speeds. This means faster and more reliable element borrowing and multi-user access to entire worksets.
More specifically, file replication ensures current copies of the central files and worksets exist at all locations that require collaboration. Real-time file locking prevents users from concurrently borrowing the same workset or entity. Once a user is finished, the common Save-to-Central command publishes changes back to the local central file copy, and then WAFS instantly mirrors those changes and unlocks the workset at all sites on the network.
Key Features & Benefits
- Instant access to remote files with minimal bandwidth consumption
- File coherence with real-time file locking, file release, and synchronization
- Transparent to end users – no training required
- Continuous back-up at the central server
- Instant access to newly created files anywhere on the WAN
- Offline availability with automatic sync upon re-connection
- Secure encryption for keeping sensitive data safe
- Easy installation and browser-based management
- Firewall friendly (tunnel through HTTP/S)