The Timer Event Module (TEM) allows you to execute a specified Action(s), such as generating and sending a report either as a one-time-only “action,” or as one that repeats at specified intervals. For example, you could schedule an action to occur on July 8 at midnight, or every Monday morning, or on the last Friday of every month at 2 a.m.
The flexibility of scheduled Timer Events allows EFT administrators to configure event rules to run at any given time and frequency without having to continually run the event rule(s) manually based on your specific needs.
Advantages of the Timer Event Module
- Productivity: Automating timed events is a good way to adapt as file transfer needs grow. Lag time can be eliminated between transfers and human error risks are diminished. By minimizing operator intervention, files can continue along the set schedule without interruption.
- Cost Reduction: Automatically scheduling Events is a cost-effective way to handle repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
- Availability: High availability reduces the risks posed by online system outages, and automation further shores your organization up against risks by automating your save and recovery systems. This helps ensure protection from potential data losses, down file transfer systems, or damage due to human error.
- Reliability: A timed event is a reliable event. Adding automation to operations helps ensure that jobs are completed and not forgotten or run at the incorrect time or order. Any jobs with a prerequisite job are completed successfully before the next sequenced event.
- Risk Reduction: With the TEM you can adopt a “set it and forget it” mindset around tasks you choose to automate without worrying about missed steps or other human errors. Removing the need for human intervention can also help avoid data breaches and unauthorized access to sensitive data.
TEM is one of several intuitive Globalscape EFT modules designed to streamline automation for the timed delivery of specified data. Modules such as TEM can eliminate many of the time-consuming manual processes that are subject to simple human error.
The TEM can save organizations time, reduce potential errors, and streamline the business processes of running timed without the limitations of legacy systems and applications.