The Enhanced File Transfer™ (EFT™) Auditing and Reporting Module (ARM) captures all of the transactions passing through the EFT platform. When you want to run a report, EFT connects to the database, retrieves audited data based on your criteria, and then generates and displays the report. You can then export the report in XML, HTML, or PDF format to save or share.
Quickly Find and Solve File Transfer Issues
ARM records the events between the server and client, then enables you to effectively search and present that information any way you want, for billing, statistical analysis, troubleshooting, and non-repudiation. ARM captures significantly more data points than standard “flat-file” logging. Data is stored in real time in a relational database, which you can then query from within EFT, or query directly from your own reporting system.
See Who Changed What in EFT
Administrators often need to know when and what changes were made to EFT and who made them. The Admin reports display all EFT administrator activity for a specified range. EFT logs the following changes made to EFT to the ARM database:
- The date the action occurred
- The affected feature or Function.
- The type of Action (created, added, removed, modified, enabled, disabled, started, and stopped).
- The Affected Area (Server, Site, Settings Template, User Account, Event Rule, Command, Group, VFS, Report).
- The name of the affected object, Affected Name (Server Name, Site Name, Settings Template Name, User or Admin Account Name, Event Rule Name, Command Name, Group Name, Folder Name, Report Name).
- The name of the administrator that made the change, Change Originator.
Use Built-in Or Custom Report Templates
ARM comes with everything you need to run reports of EFT data, including approximately 50 preconfigured reports, and a wizardbased custom report designer. The preconfigured reports have been carefully defined based on extensive interviews and research into the most important reporting needs, such as troubleshooting, nonrepudiation, billing, and trending.
You can use the preconfigured reports as is, edit the preconfigured reports, or create your own custom reports from scratch. The report designer uses familiar controls that you can use to build or edit reports quickly and easily. You can save your customized report definition templates as XML files to reuse or share.
The preconfigured reports provide details for:
- File Transfer Activity
- Admin Activity
- Content Integrity Control (CIC)
- Event Rule Activity
- Privacy (Admin, Users, Terms of Service Changes)
- Troubleshooting (Negotiated Ciphers, Failed Logins, etc.)
- Web Service Activity
- Workspaces Activity