Challenge: One of the largest music publishers in the United States had to maintain a complex workflow of daily corporate tasks. One such process involved tracking each instance of a song playing on radio stations and online streaming services, processing and reconciling that data, and then issuing invoices to sources and payments to artists. Each data source adhered to its own unique format, and extensive work had to be done to transform that data into a consistent format for further processing by internal applications. The company had used Globalscape EFT with active-active high availability clustering, and they did extensive automation and data validation and transformation work within the Advanced Workflow Engine to great success.
Rather than simply expanding their on-premises implementation horizontally, adding additional nodes to handle the increased load, they opted instead to acquire and initialize a new load-balanced and highly available Globalscape EFT implementation within their growing Amazon Web Services private cloud environment. The company was able to assign each implementation a discrete set of roles in the overall corporate managed file transfer strategy, thereby managing the complex business processes. The organization needed to:
- Continue to maintain constant availability of systems,
- Process diverse formats and types of data into an expected output, and
- Reduce the strain on existing systems and scale to meet growth.
- Globalscape EFT
- High Availability
- Advanced Workflow Engine module
- EFT Cloud Implementation
- Customize data transfer solution that reduces the complexity of mission critical workflows
- Facilitate secure and convenient connection between Linux-based SAP system and Windows-based RMS
- Streamline and automate secure business processes