Wednesday, April 27, 2005
GlobalSCAPE Releases Latest Version of its PureCMS Web Content Management Software
PureCMS V.4 Delivers Powerful Editing, Enhanced Administrative Controls and Greater Publishing Options for Better Websites
SAN ANTONIO -- Today, GlobalSCAPE® (OTCBB:GSCP - News), a leading provider of content management solutions, announced the new release of its popular product PureCMS, an easy to use Web content management software application that is designed to help organizations manage information changes to their website(s). PureCMS® V.4 lets non-technical team members create, change and approve Web content, while ensuring that technical team members have control over its access, structure and workflow. PureCMS is Web-based, which means that contributors can work from a computer anywhere, with appropriate system access, to maintain websites. Common tasks include creating new pages, editing content, approving proposed content for publication, or scheduling publishing for a later time.
Previous methods of maintaining an organization's website include giving sole responsibility to webmasters, which can create a bottleneck in information flow when they are required to make frequent small changes. Other approaches have been to train non-technical personnel on Web development tools, however the learning curve may prove too great for some, leading to minimal or unsuccessful use. Web content management systems are specifically designed to allow all approved team members to access and contribute to the website in a structured, controlled manner and achieve the following:
- Eliminate Webmaster bottlenecks
- Better use of technical resources
- Adoption and use of traditional Web development tools by non-technical users
- Better insight into workflow and approval process by management
- Controlled business processes
- Improved productivity
- Up to date, effective websites
PureCMS addresses these issues and more.
- Integration with Microsoft Word®
- Group collaboration on content development
- Multi-level workflow and approval
- Docucomp Comparison® technology
- Powerful editing capabilities
- Multi-site/multi-server publishing
- Optional Enforce Template usage
- Easily copy and paste existing content from Word into PureCMS for website integration
- Empower different types of users to work on content based on unique permissions
- Control content changes and approval process based on existing business rules
- Easily identify proposed changes to content for rapid decision making
- Insert media assets including Flash® movies from the editor
- Decrease administrative time through multi-site/multi-server publishing
- Optional Enforce Template usage lets you update template design and automatically modify all pages using that template while preserving unique page content
"GlobalSCAPE's PureCMS enables organizations to keep Web content up to date and compelling, improving their competitive position," said Randy Poole, GlobalSCAPE President and Chief Operating Officer. "Now, even small to mid-size businesses can easily maintain their websites and thereby attract and retain customers."
Pricing and Availability
A free 30-day trial of PureCMS 4 for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP is available immediately by calling 800-290-5054 (U.S.) or 210-308-8267 (international). PureCMS has a list price of $395 per user, per URL. Multi-user/multi-site discounts, upgrade pricing for existing customers and volume discounts are offered. If you would like more information regarding PureCMS, please visit www.globalscape.com.
GlobalSCAPE, a leading developer of content management and secure file management solutions, enables individuals and organizations to easily move and manage information online in a secure environment.