Thursday, March 24, 2005
GlobalSCAPE Releases Latest Version of Secure FTP Server for Businesses
Secure FTP Server® V.3 Protects Critical Business Data During Transport and Processing, Increases Productivity Through Automation and Improves Risk Management
SAN ANTONIO -- Today, GlobalSCAPE® (OTCBB:GSCP - News), a leading provider of enhanced file management solutions, announced the availability of the latest version of its popular file transfer server application, Secure FTP Server, designed to manage business-to-customer (B2C) file transfers.
Secure FTP Server uses the latest security protocols available and employs a rich set of automation tools, which use conditional behavior to drive post-transaction processes and simplify data management. Common uses include protecting data transmitted to and from corporate networks, guaranteeing the delivery of mission critical data, automating recurring or complex transactions, managing the data 'post-transmission', triggered e-mail notifications upon successful receipt of data, tracking and auditing transactions throughout their life-cycle, and managing the resources used by connecting parties.
- Support for multiple standard and secure Internet protocols
- Post-transaction processing and business logic support
- Guaranteed delivery through automatic and manual resume capabilities
- Data integrity checking and validation mechanisms
- Automation of complex and time-consuming tasks
- Local and remote administration of multiple servers and/or sites
- Flexible authentication choices including: AD/NTLM, ODBC, and GlobalSCAPE Authentication
- Configurable user, account and site settings
- Easily integrates into existing architectures, and works with Windows® operating systems and existing client solutions
- Increases productivity by working with existing business rules and processes
- Provides audit capability through guaranteed file delivery and extensive logging
- Provides peace of mind when moving sensitive information to and from corporate networks
- Saves valuable time by automating routine and complex data management tasks
- Increases productivity through local and remote server and/or site administration
- Improves risk management by ensuring the identity of connecting users and remote servers
- Protects data privacy and integrity
- Meets specific needs through customizable settings
"Every business has a unique set of processes that shape the requirements for a data transfer and management solution. However, some requirements are
universal, such as the need for improved risk management, control of IT costs and straightforward integration with existing business customers," said Randy Poole, GlobalSCAPE President and Chief Operating Officer. "GlobalSCAPE's Secure FTP Server enables businesses to develop improved processes for moving and managing sensitive information between their corporate network and the outside world," continued Poole.
Pricing and Availability
A free 30-day trial of Secure FTP Server 3 Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP is available immediately at globalscape.com. Secure FTP Server 3 has a standard list price of $495 per server license. Upgrade pricing is available for existing customers and volume discounts are offered for quantities of five or more.
GlobalSCAPE, a leading developer of enhanced file transfer solutions, enables individuals and organizations to easily move and manage information online in a secure environment.