GLOBALSCAPE RELEASES EFT 2020
January 15, 2020 is a day that will go down in history. We have launched a major upgrade to our award-winning managed file transfer (MFT) solution and we are calling it: EFT 2020. A year in the making, and thousands of development hours, EFT 2020 is the biggest release in our company’s history. This release is a testament to Globalscape’s leadership in the MFT space spanning over two decades. Our development team went under the hood and made the most powerful MFT solution on the market more performant, efficient, and easier than ever to comply with stringent privacy regulations such as the GDPR and CCPA.
Let EFT securely manage your file transfer compliance
We have developed an industry-changing MFT solution that sets a new standard for facilitating compliance with the wide landscape of data privacy and security regulations such as the GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS, HIPAA, HiTECH, NIST, and many more. We’ve added the most comprehensive compliance-ready features on the market because we understand how important it is for our clients to comply with privacy regulations. Non-compliance is non-trivial and failure to comply can result in substantial fines. Since GDPR was implemented in May 2018, non-compliance fines have been upwards of US$400 million dollars! Seamlessly facilitate global compliance readiness with EFT 2020.
EFT 2020 privacy features include:
- Pre-defined reports for administrators to assess EFT privacy configuration
- Privacy-related event rules
- Privacy data encrypted by default
- Centralized account management for admins and end users, including the ability to “opt out” of using personal data
Improved and new administrative features:
- Our ARM tables and report templates have had a major overhaul, to provide reports faster, in addition to more predefined reports for managing privacy changes.
- New event rule actions: create or set variables, run PowerShell scripts and run reusable subroutines within other rules
- Ability to generate Support data from within the EFT administration interface and send directly to Support with your case number
- Advanced Properties are now in an easily editable JSON file
- Migrating servers is easier with a few SQLite DB files instead of multiple configuration files and registry settings
- New Performance Counters to more easily monitor EFT
- Updated security libraries
Redesigned and modernized Web Transfer Client:
- The Web Transfer Client was designed on a desktop web platform to achieve the maximum speed possible in your browser
- Users can now manage their personal data from within the client (controlled by EFT admin settings), making it easier for users to delete their account, change the mobile phone number, or even export their data.
Of course, EFT and the Web Transfer Client are still the easiest and most secure way to share files with coworkers, partners, vendors, and clients.
As we enter the “Roaring 20s,” EFT continues to empower clients with a robust feature set, tools for automation, collaboration, compliance safeguards, and analysis combined with the highest levels of data security.
By the way, if you don’t already have a development environment for upgrades and testing, Globalscape Professional Services can help you set up your “sandbox” for current or future upgrades and testing. Call us today at 1-800-290-5054 or contact Professional Services here.
Check out our official EFT 2020 Press Release here.